Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher

Headteacher – Sam Greasley

I grew up in Pontypool and attended Aberystwyth University where I studied Physical Geography. I qualified as a teacher in 2003 and taught in Slough and Reading before moving back to Wales in 2011 to begin my first headship in Powys. In my free time I enjoy music, reading and sport; I especially enjoy heading back to Pontypool to watch the mighty Pooler!

Deputy Headteacher – Ruth Lewis

I was born in Pontypridd and spent my childhood living in Beddau near Llantristant where I went to a Catholic School and grew up enjoying sport. I attended the University of Glamorgan where I graduated with a degree in Sports Science and then went on to study for a Post Graduate Certificate in Education at UWIC. I began my teaching career at a large primary school in Beddau. I spent 5 years there teaching in both Foundation Phase and KS2. I have been teaching here in Sandfields for 15 years firstly in Glan y Mor primary and now at Awel y Môr. I became Deputy Head in 2017 and teach Year 6. Out of school, I enjoy spending time with my husband and 2 daughters and we all enjoy being outdoors, walking, camping, swimming and cycling.