Support Staff

Admin Officer- Emma O’Sullivan

I am from Baglan Moors. I went to Sandfields Comprehensive. I worked in Thomas Cook Travel Agency and then Halifax bank before joining the Admin Team at Awel y Môr. I have 2 girls and my partner has 2 girls , so we enjoy a very busy life doing lots of family activities together.

School Business Manager – Kelly Morgan

I grew up on Baglan Moors and have fond memories of my childhood there. I attended Traethmelyn Primary then Sandfields Comprehensive School.

I was previously a school admin officer at Traethmelyn Primary for many years. Alongside that role I decided to go back to university to obtain my degree. Following my graduation, I joined the local authority as a Primary Support Officer. The experience that I gained in that post lead me to secure a position as a School Business Manager. I have been at Awel Y Mor since it opened in 2013.

I have a partner who has two grown up sons. I also have two grown up sons and a younger daughter, not forgetting our Frenchie called Hunter. Our family can be a busy one! We enjoy days out and especially mini breaks and holidays.

Digital Admin Assistant – Gillian Rees

I’m a Margam girl born and bred and attended Dyffryn Comprehensive until going to Tycoch College in Swansea where I gained my qualification as a NNEB. I worked in lots of schools in the West Glamorgan area, until joining Croeserw Primary in 1991, I stayed there for 21 happy years until I took on a new challenge with the ELRS in 2012. When Awel y Môr opened in 2013 a new role was created to assist in the digital learning. This is something I have a passion for, I can be a bit of a geek! 2020 and I’m still here in a school rich with technology, giving me new challenges every day. I’m now part of the Office Admin team part- time alongside my role of Digital Learner. I’m married and have 1 daughter, who is currently training to be a teacher. Outside of work I enjoy sewing and crafting (making cake toppers) and love socialising with my family and close friends.

Engagement Officer – Gemma Ness

I grew up on Sandfields Estate. I began working with children from a very young age. I decided that when I left school I would go to college to complete a childcare course. From this I was offered a job in Tir Morfa Primary school this was also my placement school. I worked at many play schemes through the summer period and developed many new relationships.  I then completed my BCs Hons in childcare and Education whilst continuing to work in Tir Morfa. After graduation I decided to complete a Degree in Bilingualism, focusing on the Welsh Language. I then transferred to Awel y Môr in 2013.  I specialise in Social, Emotional Behavioural difficulties. I have co-ordinated many initiatives during this time. I have now moved on from working directly with children in the classroom to working with families within our school, supporting them and helping them engage into school life. I have 2 children that keep me entertained and very busy.

Well-being Officer and Nurture – Vicky Hibben

I’m from Briton Ferry and I have 1 son who loves football so most of my time is spent either watching him play or taking him to watch football games. I joined Awel y Môr Primary in 2014 and since 2018 have run the Nurture & ELSA programme throughout the school and I work closely with the Parent Engagement Officer with programmes such as Families Connect.

PIC Key Worker- Louise Morgan-Griffiths

I am from Maesteg and have two beautiful  children.  I attended Maesteg Comprehensive and at 16 I went to work at Revlon Manufacturing. After 9 yrs I decided to retrain at Maesteg college and completed my NVQ’s in childcare. I was lucky enough to have a position in Ty Afan Primary PRU working with SEBD children for 12 yrs. In 2013 I started in  Awel y Môr in the PIC where I am the Key Worker. I am also trained as an ELSA and have run the Relationship based play programme.   In my free time I enjoy running and in 2019 I completed two full marathons within five months.

Teaching Assistant – Yvonne Pearson

I have 4 sons and 5 grandchildren. I also have a Yorkshire terrier called Jasper, with whom I enjoy walking down Aberavon Beach.
I have lived on Sandfields Estate nearly all my life and still do.
I attended Glanymor Primary on 1968, then Tywyn Primary before going to Sandfields Comprehensive where I attended the Deaf unit.
My first job was in Fine Fare in Station Road on 1979. I have worked in factories, cleaning, dinner lady, home care and waitressing before my last and present job.
I started at Glanymor almost 23 years ago then moved to Awel y Môr. I have worked in the nursery for most of them years.
I like to recycle and up-cycle, arts and crafts, drawing, painting and gardening. But most of all I love working in the nursery, imagine what fun your 3 year old is, I get that everyday. I have the best job in the world.

Teaching Assistant – Belinda Harris

I studied for my QCF level 3 in Child Care Learning and Development and have always worked in the Foundation Phase.

Teaching Assistant – Charleen Evans

I live in the local area and attended the local schools and colleges. I studied childcare at Neath college, but took employment within Retail and later at the DWP. I have been at Awel y Môr for 3 years, and I’m currently working in the foundation phase within the Nursery and Reception class.

Teaching Assistant – Sarah Phillips-Jones

I grew up in Port Talbot on Sandfields Est. I went to Sandfields Comprehensive school followed by Neath College, where I studied childcare at BTEC national diploma.
I started working in Glanymor Primary school in 2002, I worked there until Awel y Môr opened. I have worked with a every age group from nursery to year 6.

Teaching Assistant – Lisa Smith

I’m from Sandfields Estate. I when to Sandfields comprehensive school. I then went on to an NVQ in hairdressing and worked for 16 years in that profession. I then went on to do an NVQ in childcare. I done voluntary work and worked in Glanymor Primary school. I then join Awel y Môr primary.

Teaching Assistant – Kelly Hayes

I studied a childcare course in Afan College and finally completed a BA Honours Degree in Childcare Studies. I then started work in Glanymor Primary School for ten years before joining Awel y Môr Primary. Whilst at this school I’ve experienced working with children of all ages and different learning needs. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, going for walks and taking them to after school clubs. 

Teaching Assistant – Sharon Staton

I have previously worked at Ty Afan PRU and Action for Children. I have 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren who are my world. I love animals and have 2 dogs and a cat. I enjoy eating out and taking the dogs to the beach and Margam Park.

Teaching Assistant – Jayne Evans

I live in Margam. I have 3 sons. I enjoy  going to Funky Pump and going for long walks. Working in Foundation Phase really suits me. i have two grandsons, they are my world! I love them to the moon and back.

Teaching Assistant – Kirsti Griffiths

I am the proud mother of 3 daughters. I grew up in Cwmafan and attended Afan College in 91-93 completing my pre-nursing & caring course. I returned to college in 2007 and completed NVQ3 Children’s care, learning & Development. I started in in Glanymor Primary in 2007 until the opening of Awel y Môr. My hobbies include reading, listening to music, watching TV and films.

Teaching Assistant – Harrison Campbell

I was born and raised in Port Talbot then went on Gorseinon College to obtain my National Diploma in performing arts. After taking a gap year to travel I went to Shockout Academy of arts to study and graduate with a BA honours degree in Professional and Commercial dance. This was where I discovered my love for teaching and working with children. After teaching dance for over 10 years I decided to widen my career and look to start working in schools as a teaching assistant. In my free time I enjoy dancing, going to the gym, socialising and shopping 

Teaching Assistant – Cathy Drew

I grew up on the Sandfields Estate and attended Sandfields Comprehensive. I then attended Afan College where I took at Business Course. I then worked as a tachograph reader for 6 years. I went back to college where I attained NVQ2 & 3 in Early Years Care & education. I then worked in Tirmorfa Primary School before transferring to Awel y Môr.

Teaching Assistant – Danielle Mortimer

I grew up and attended school and college in Port Talbot. I then went on to study Bsc Accounting and Management with French in Cardiff. After graduating, I travelled for 6 months. On returning home I completed a Management Traineeship with a High Street bank specialising in Business Banking. When I had my children I took a career break to look after them full time and started volunteering in their school then moving on to exam invigilating and teaching assistant supply in a number of schools in Neath Port Talbot. In my spare time I enjoy being outdoors with my family and socialising with friends.

Teaching Assistant – Jay McBride

I grew up on Sandfields Estate and attended Sandfields Comprehensive School. I then went on to study a Degree in Sports Coaching and Development at University of South Wales. After this I began working as a Teaching Assistant within South Wales. In 2019 I was very fortunate to start working at Awel Y Môr as a TA where I have had a variety of experiences throughout the whole school. I am an upbeat individual who is loving my time and role here at Awel Y Môr. My real passion is sport and the pupils will know that about me. Getting the pupils to get involved with a different variety of sports is my ambition within this role. In my spare time I enjoy socialising, sporting activities and eating loads and loads of food.  

Teaching Assistant – Joanne Purser

I have been a teaching assistant for over 20 years, working in Tir Morfa and then here at Awel Y Môr. I have worked in both Foundation and now in KS2. 

Teaching Assistant – Mandy James

I am from the local area and attended local schools, as did my two children. I have over 20 years experience working in the Primary School setting as a Teaching Assistant. I have been trained to deliver intervention programmes to help support children’s specific learning difficulties. I appreciate how lucky our community is to have so many facilities in our area. I enjoy using the local leisure centre and spending time at the beach.

Teaching Assistant – Sian Jones

I’ve been a TA for over 12 years. I started working for EOTSS for about 7 years.  Then went to work for an agency for nearly 2 years and currently working in Awel y Môr. I’ve worked with children in comprehensive schools and currently working within KS2.  

Teaching Assistant – Karen Hill

I’ve been working as a TA at Awel y Môr since 2015. I walk to work as I live on the estate with my husband and dog. I love live music, reading, visiting castles and walking my dog.

Teaching Assistant – Jamie Fletcher

I grew up in Swansea where I attended Olchfa Comprehensive school, I then went on to study a BA in Politics in Bristol. After I graduated I began working a number of jobs before settling on a job as a Teaching Assistant within Swansea. In 2015 I was fortunate enough to start working in Awel y Môr as a TA where I have had a variety of experiences throughout the school. I am really enthusiastic about my current role within the school providing P.E and games for all classes from Reception through to Year 6 as sport is my biggest passion in and outside of school, particularly rugby which I have played from an early age and continue to play now competitively.  In my spare time I enjoy socialising, travelling the world and any sporting activity also food is another joy of mine and the more outlandish the better. 

Teaching Assistant – Hannah Price

I live in Port Talbot, I have one little boy and love spending the weekends exploring new places with my partner and him. I’m currently doing an Education Studies University course and I’m hoping to become a qualified teacher within 4 years. I really enjoy my job and enjoy making a difference in young peoples lives.

Teaching Assistant – Clare Bryce

I left college with a Level 3 Diploma and went straight into mainstream where I worked for three years. I then moved to work in Ty Afan and have been working in behaviour ever since. I am currently working in the PIC where we specialise in behaviour. I live in Margam and have two beautiful boys who keep me busy! We love going on walks together and exploring new places. I enjoy listening to music. 

Teaching Assistant – Emma Gore

I grew up and attended school and college in Aberdare. Then I went to work for a high street bank in London to complete an Apprenticeship in investment banking where I worked for some the worlds biggest banks. After a few years I decided to travel the world. I now live in Briton Ferry and have 2 lovely children. After having my children I went back into banking and realised it wasn’t the career I wanted anymore. I worked as a Personal Assistant at Neath CVS and wanted a career change so I became a Teaching Assistant and was sent to Awel y Môr it’s a warm and welcoming school and I’m really honoured to work here. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my children and family and having fun.

Teaching Assistant – Jenny Davies

I have lived in Port Talbot most of my life and grew up in Cwmafan and now live in Margam.  After finishing school I enrolled at Afan College where I studied for my Diploma in Child Care and Education. A few years ago I started running a playgroup based in Taibach, which was so much fun. I have also worked at some local creches to gain experience and for 7 years up until a little while ago I was a key worker for adults with autism and additional needs. I have been at Awel y Môr for nearly a year now and I am looking forward to many more.

Teaching Assistant – Alex Young

I have previously worked in outdoor education for 20 years, mainly with children and young adults from London. I felt it was time to exchange the outdoor classroom of caves, rivers and mountains for an indoor class room with heating. I hope to help the children at Awel y Môr develop and thrive.

Teaching Assistant – Teresa Seymour

I live in Neath with my husband and our daughter. We share our home with a cat and a dog who both like coming away with us regularly in our campervan named Tallulah!

I spent my teens growing up in a seaside village in mid wales and it is here that I qualified as a teaching assistant.

I have worked with Primary aged children in schools for the majority of my working life, spending some time working for the ‘Looked After Children in Education Service’ and also as a children and family Engagement support worker for a local charity.

My work passion is supporting children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, and I have been lucky enough to be able to do this for some years now.

I currently work in the PIC with a great team and even better children!

I am a qualified and experienced Drawing and Talking Practitioner, and my current role allows me to support children in this method regularly. I also provide this service to local children outside of work.

In my spare time I love to read crime fiction (whether it be at home in in the camper) and go for long walks exploring the beauty we have right on our doorstep.